Instead of listing all my works-in-progress and getting depressed by how many I haven’t worked on in ages, this year I will instead be updating how far I’ve come on the to do list I posted at the beginning of the year. With new items being added, because I’m great at making plans, but suck at sticking to them.
As I had a nasty cold starting on the fourth and am only just beginning to feel mentally fully okay again, I haven’t accomplished a damned thing this week. So I’m behind already. Great way to start the year!
- Edit my wife’s story she wants to submit to Queers Destroy Science Fiction, if she decides she wants to expand it. UPDATE: She’s still deciding.
- Submit it for her.
- Finish editing my own story for Queers Destroy Science Fiction. UPDATE: Might finish it when I get done here.
- Submit it.
- NEW ITEM: Edit Jake thingy inspired by annoying bit in book I was reading. DID THIS.
- NEW ITEM: Submit it to Queers Destroy Science Fiction too, since it’s flash fiction instead of a short story.
- Alternate between writing Blaughk on Earth, Intertwined Lives, and editing No More Lies, not becoming slavishly devoted to any one work, but keeping in mind and tracking my monthly word count goals. UPDATE: I’ve not written any more of any of these, but see above.
- Publish No More Lies.
- Devote a month to marketing it. Just a month. No more. After that, it’ll sink or swim on its own.
- Alternate between writing Blaughk on Earth, Intertwined Lives, and editing the leytgeleshishort story collection, with the same caveats as above.
- Write remaining leytgeleshi stories.
- Alternate between writhing Blaughk on Earth, Intertwined Lives, and editing the Dagger short story collection, with the same caveats as above.
- Write remaining Dagger stories.
- Edit remaining leytgeleshi stories.
- Publish leytgeleshi story collection.
- Devote a week to marketing it. It’s going to be a free short story collection (or 99 cents, I can’t recall what we agreed on now.) There’s no sense in devoting a lot of time to marketing it.
- Edit remaining Dagger stories.
- Publish Dagger story collection.
- Devote a week to marketing it. See above for why only a week.
- Alternate writing Blaughk on Earth and Intertwined Lives.
Word count for January so far: